• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Are dragons more real than dinosaurs?

Caduceus

Heritage
While Dinosaurs have only been part of the public consciousness for 150 years at most, Dragons on the other hand have been part of the mythology of many different cultures for over a 1000 years. You can find statues, artwork, imagery, and literature about Dragons (or Dragon like creatures) in almost every single continent on earth from South America, to east Asia to most of Medieval and pre medieval Europe. There are even passages in the bible which mention large monstrous creatures (sometimes called "Leviathans"), but it's unclear what they actually were or how they looked. The famous story of Saint George killing the Dragon is an integral part of European mythology.

There are actually some theories that Dragons may have been real creatures similar to birds, with very small and light bones, and thin bodies, allowing them to actually fly. Others think those few dinosaur bones which are actually real, may in reality be dragon bones.

Some examples throughout different cultures, continents and time periords.

Medieval Europe

paolo_uccello_047b.jpeg

Ancient Babylonia

tiamat-the-babylonian-sea-dragon.jpg

Japanese Temple

Kiyomizu-dragon-iStock-EvergreenPlanet.jpg

National Flag of Bhutan

1280px-Flag_of_Bhutan.svg.png

Mayan Temple Mexico:

serpiente-emplumada-xochicalco.jpg

Native American "paisa"

Piasa-Bird-Alton-IL.jpg

Last edited:
Just for ease of reference, here is a list of all Bible verses containing the word "dragon" (KJV).

Well, this is an interesting topic. I am skeptical of dragons, but it's pretty clear that people from completely separate civilizations, including the Mayans, made pictures of the exact same thing. If it was a mythological thing, then how could the Mayans have come up with such a similar image with no cultural contact?

Also, the Bible refers to dragons numerous times. What did the writers of the Bible have in mind when they wrote it? Considering that the Bible is the word of God, can we say Dragons must exist because God refers to them repeatedly? If so, why do we currently have no dragons at all, or fossils of them, such that they are considered a myth?

Mysterious!

Well, this is an interesting topic. I am skeptical of dragons, but it's pretty clear that people from completely separate civilizations, including the Mayans, made pictures of the exact same thing. If it was a mythological thing, then how could the Mayans have come up with such a similar image with no cultural contact?
A similar question can be applied to ziggurats. Ziggurats can be found across the globe, whether in South America or Egypt.

Unrelated, but Bhutan has one of my favorite country flags, and I'm a sperg for country flags.
It is one of the best. It's sad how many flags are just two or three plain colors, like Ukraine or France. Hardly any are even as creative as the US or UK. You'd think most countries would be very creative with their flags, but it's like they are having a contest for the blandest flag.

It is one of the best. It's sad how many flags are just two or three plain colors, like Ukraine or France. Hardly any are even as creative as the US or UK. You'd think most countries would be very creative with their flags, but it's like they are having a contest for the blandest flag.
That was inspired by the French revolution. It fits France well enough, even if I don't like the revolution, but when you get it to countries like Italy, Germany (literal Weimar Republic flag), or Portugal, you start having problems. Lithuania's flag makes it look like an African country, which doesn't help its country shape of "squashed Africa".

Apologies for derailing.

Whatever the cataclysm was that covered the earth and wiped away all but those on the Ark, I believe that there were creatures beyond our scope of science to understand that existed in the antediluvian times. Most dinosaur skeletons were not accurate, how many times have these (((scientists))) changed their official appearances and descriptions since new (((evidence))) keeps coming out using theories they postulate?

This is something that requires a lot of faith and discernment, and forensic study to truly understand, bringing a timetable across all civilizations and going off of what we can generalize in historical epochs. They all had pyramids, they all had depictions of creatures that no longer walk the earth that we have seen, they all have very different values than anything in the present, and they all had some kind of spiritual force centering in their populations that is largely absent from today. I believe it was all old-world, or Pre-Christ civilizations, that rose to great heights, and were still wrought with demonic influences, that perhaps lead to our history being altered to line up with our prophesied Messiah and King whose kingdom is not in this world but the next.

It begets further exploration fur sure.

Back