Americana - The culture and traditions unique to the USA

It_Is_My_Time

Protestant
Heirloom
I just thought of starting this thread with today being Groundhog's Day. The Groundhog said we would have an early spring, very cute, one of the last great staples of Americana.

If all things remain the same, and Whites are eventually a smaller population than Hispanics, in the USA, will there still be a Groundhog's Day? I don't know, maybe it will be some small thing that is still allowed but it is turned somehow into a diversity event. But in 2024 we still have it, and that is why I now celebrate and pay attention to it.

I thought this would be a good thread to discuss Americana, cultural norms and events that are unique to the American experience of the past America that is quickly disappearing with mass immigration.

I don't know if it's any good but I'm fascinated by this dish called "Cincinnati chili"
People seem to either love it or think it’s disgusting. My family moved to the Midwest when I was a teenager and this is one of those things that everyone says is so good and you must try it. I remember thinking it was awful at the time and not being able to eat my meal. Nowadays I love it and whenever I am in the Cincinnati area I always make sure to stop by Skyline and get some. My favorite way to eat it is on a coney dog with cheese and onions. It’s definitely worth a try to see if you like it. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.

Freedom-from-Want_3_5-805x1024.jpg

I always thought the Norman Rockwell paintings captured the quintessentially American idealized family and civic life (which is why Leftists have always hated it so much). With marriage and family formation being delayed until people are in their 30s and society becoming more atomized in general, even scenes like this where you have a large family, consisting of multiple generations, all gathered around the same dinner table will become rarer in the future.

Freedom-from-Want_3_5-805x1024.jpg

I always thought the Norman Rockwell paintings captured the quintessentially American idealized family and civic life (which is why Leftists have always hated it so much). With marriage and family formation being delayed until people are in their 30s and society becoming more atomized in general, even scenes like this where you have a large family, consisting of multiple generations, all gathered around the same dinner table will become rarer in the future.

I'm quoting myself but I ran across a tweet yesterday that was apropos to my earlier post about Norman Rockwell capturing the "quintessentially American idealized family and civic life (which is why Leftists have always hated it so much)." Google's woke AI image generator (Gemini) won't even generate an image for it *because* it idealized American life:

Can't have white people feeling anything other than shame about their past, their heritage and the civic and family life they once aspired to.

Back