Absolutely random stuff and things šŸ¤£

Atlas Shrugged

Protestant
Heritage
Woman
Ok we need a random whatever thread. Maybe this will sound weird but I found my first white hair and got excited. Itā€™s about time since Iā€™m 46 now but why was my initial emotional reaction woo hooooo? I mean I know Iā€™m a little out there but thatā€™s not normal. At the same time I donā€™t care.

I have about 8 grey hairs total but the funny/ironic part is that most of them are along my part. Mine are also silver (they really look like sterling silver) which is actually kind of cool. I remember seeing an older woman at the grocery store a few years ago with total sterling silver hair... it was incredibly stunning. Also, to make those silver hairs really shine use a purple shampoo.

On another note... why can't I buy a cheap bra that doesn't make my b**bs look like they're trying to escape from my armpits? Is that really the normal/average shape?

On another note... why can't I buy a cheap bra that doesn't make my b**bs look like they're trying to escape from my armpits? Is that really the normal/average shape?
Just wanted to add that this was part of a weird shopping excursion that my husband and I had the other day. Usually my husband orders clothes online from places like REI or Backcountry and I'm mostly ok with ill-fitting Costco clothes but we thought we'd go "clothes shopping" for fun to find some nice things for a special date coming up and it was pretty disappointing. We went to a well known local department store and there was not a single pair of pants longer than a 30 for my husband (they just don't stock them but are apparently available to order...). He even checked the sweatpants and the medium and large were nearly the exact same length just with different sized waistbands. The women's pants were either for *curvy* women, had "butt lifting technology", or were simply for short fat women. The funniest part was that there was an entire section devoted to black women specific clothing which is hilarious because they make up maybe .5% of our town's (and the surrounding areas) population. It was such an odd experience...

Th
Western stores are one of the few places that sell normal/quality clothes in physical stores.
That's true. BassPro too, I guess. I just wish their clothes weren't soo expensive. (I know, you get what you pay for...) I think the men's clothes at those places are really good quality and most likely worth the money but the women's clothing is just really overpriced, in my opinion.

I have about 8 grey hairs total but the funny/ironic part is that most of them are along my part. Mine are also silver (they really look like sterling silver) which is actually kind of cool. I remember seeing an older woman at the grocery store a few years ago with total sterling silver hair... it was incredibly stunning. Also, to make those silver hairs really shine use a purple shampoo.

Ever since my gallbladder surgery several months ago I wear sports bras 24:7. Instead of just at home. I prefer comfort. šŸ¤£

Th

That's true. BassPro too, I guess. I just wish their clothes weren't soo expensive. (I know, you get what you pay for...) I think the men's clothes at those places are really good quality and most likely worth the money but the women's clothing is just really overpriced, in my opinion.
Ya I agree. I miss womenā€™s clothes from the early 2000s. Most things had flattering silhouettes and were good quality. I look for sales on Ralph Lauren or Boot Barn (they have some physical stores too), but the latter is mostly for husband and kids.

Another rando. Favorite ice cream and brand. My top is HƤagen-Dazs Irish cream brownie ice cream. Whenever I have a new assignment I usually buy em all out at the local grocery store. I love chocolate and Irish cream. They are my weekend treat.

Zucchini noodles are a hard no. Literally and figuratively.
I've tried making them a handful of times and it's difficult to get all the water out of them so that they don't turn whatever sauce they're in into a watery soup. Salting them for a few minutes in a colander or paper towel helps as does baking them instead of boiling them in water.

I remember Father Kosmas saying that having 4 or more kids in this day and age is like a martyrdom and people start looking at you like youā€™re one of the crazy ones. Lol, itā€™s so true.

My favorite is the older boomer generation, stereotypical lady who will make comment after comment about how hard having kids is, how she never wanted more than 2, etc., right in front of my kids, half of whom are old enough to understand the implication of what sheā€™s saying (we have already had the ā€œold cat ladyā€ talk, and will continue to do so). Some of these ladies bought into the divorce fad of the 1990s/early 2000s, ā€œhopeā€ that their mid-30s ā€œkidsā€ wonā€™t give them grandchildren, and constantly complain to me about their problems living by themselves in a crappy rental with broken appliances. It compels me to text my husband ā€œthanks for putting up with me all these years honeyā€.

2nd place award goes toā€¦ ā€œhow will you pay for college for all these kidsā€.
Little Girl Reaction GIF

I love the nice, old folks who came from big families, though. Theyā€™re the sweetest and always have something nice to say.

Back